Sunday, August 7, 2011

Galaxy Nails

 Hello!

       If you want nails like below, then stick around, and I'll show you how easy and fun it is to do this! It's even easy for your less dominant hand!
Photobucket

What you will need:

* Sponge ( I'm using a makeup sponge applicator)
* Black or very dark nail polish
* Colors lighter than black, one a little darker than the other
*Clear nail polish or glitter (I ended up using glitter, not regular clear)
*Maybe more colors if you want, I ended up using a really light purple and green too!
*Also, paper to put the nail polish on
Photobucket
Step #1

Paint nails black and wait for it to get dry
Photobucket
Step #2

drop some of the nail polish onto the paper
Photobucket
Step #3

Dip sponge in darker color first (blue) and dap it on nail, more in the center
Photobucket
Here I put the purple but it wasn't light enough, so I used a lighter one, in the picture after this one!
Photobucket
Here you can see below I used the lighter on (in the back) and it looked better
Photobucket
Then I added some green for more dimension
Photobucket
Finally add the glitter polish or clear, but glitter is more fun ;)
Photobucket

XOXO,
Caitlin

7 comments:

Young Vintage Girl said...

Aww! I like it, although I dont wear nail polish that often because I dont fancy my nails that much haha but still it looks great! :)

Annelie said...

Great idea. I love that :) I really have to try it sometime

http://book-of-my-fantasy.blogspot.com/

Nanigoat said...

OMG your nails look so awesome! THANKS for sharing that. I am definitely going to try it.

Anonymous said...

gah! Looooove this!!! ^.^

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ahhh this is pretty awesome!!

Colleen said...

Those turned out awesome! What a cool effect

Randi said...

What a great idea! I love the little touch of glitter- each fleck of glitter is like a star in the galaxy!