Saturday, March 2, 2013

Makeup Inspired by Art

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to share a new idea I'm going to be doing on my blog! As you guys know I love art and am an "artist" myself, but I also love makeup! So, I've decided to combine them and do a new segment for my blog, I'm aiming to do it once a week!

I'm going to be doing makeup looks inspired and based on pieces of art! Anything from a painting, to a sculpture, and more! For my first attempt I picked a painting by Edgar Degas, he has done so many beautiful ballerina paintings, with gorgeous colors, so I picked this one below, called "L'etoile" The colors in the painting are so beautiful and warm!

 photo tumblr_m665yb54Ug1qmjk4fo1_1280_zpse9f7284e.jpg


From the painting I chose, burnt orange colors, browns, yellow, light pink, shades of whites, and deep purple. Tell me where you can spot all of these colors! The two products below are an Illamasqua eyeshadow in the color "Yes!" and a M.A.C. lipstick in the color "Dark Deeds" All of the other colors I used are from my e.l.f. and sephora palettes.
 photo file_zpsdded11dd.jpg


 photo file_zps4a05b4a4.jpg


 photo file_zps65309453.jpg


 photo file_zps9bc82171.jpg photo file_zps81153ef5.jpg




 photo file_zps623facc9.jpg photo file_zps06bddb79.jpg




 photo file_zpsb4953337.jpg photo file_zpsff2568cb.jpg




 photo file_zps6bf6dd55.jpg


Below I took a few pictures of how I used them in my makeup. I plan to take better pictures of these looks in the future. This first look was sort of practice! But I hope you guys like this and find it interesting!
 photo file_zps6d6211a7.jpg


 photo file_zps1a79eab9.jpg


For the lips, the "Dark Deed" lipstick is not coming off as dark in this picture, than it does in real life. I also put some of the shimmery orange shadow on the center of my lips. If you looks closely at the man in the suit in the painting he is wearing a very dark shade and then there is a hint of orange lightly layered onto the darker color.
 photo file_zpse223c719.jpg

No comments: