Saturday, March 9, 2013

Makeup Art Inspiration: John William Waterhouse

I was really excited to do this makeup art inspiration this week because I chose one of my favorite paintings! I love all of John William Waterhouse's paintings, but this one I especially love, I even have a framed print of it in my room. The colors are so beautiful, and of course the focus is all about the mermaid, and who doesn't love mermaids?

For this makeup look, I took some of the grayish blues, mossy greens, silver from her scales, and some goldish color that I picked up from the rocks and her hair. I hope you enjoy this look!

 photo tumblr_m1hvu9hCXX1qbo39mo1_1280_zps475b570f.jpg



 photo file_zps9ec9d194.jpg



 photo file_zpsdb5abb5f.jpg



 photo file_zpsca9f211d.jpg



 photo file_zps8fb13d34.jpg



 photo file_zpsf174e345.jpg



 photo file_zps3a340383.jpg



 photo file_zpsa512d628.jpg



 photo file_zps6d8b1416.jpg

XOXO,
Caitlin


1 comment:

Nancy Wilde said...

I love those aqua hues! Art is always an inspiration at every level :) xx

nancywilde.blogspot.com