Wednesday, April 27, 2011

1930's inspirations

   I was watching this series on BBC called Upstairs, Downstairs and I got obsessed with everything about it! The fashion, lighting, sets, even the female character's nail polish colors! It's set in the 1930's and it really made me re-fall in love with this time period all over again! Here are a few stills I could find from the series!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course I was already in love with Atonement, but this just made me love it even more!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know The Edge of Love is not in the 30's but it's still part of my spring/summer inspiration!!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now, here are some actual images from the 30's
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Below are some "modern" inspirations, the one below isn't really 30's but I guess her dress/night gown looks like something from that time so, why not?!
Photobucket

Photobucket

XOXO

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog !!!

http://theladyjersey.Blogspot.com

Xoxo

Jessicat said...

where is that second to last photo from? I love it. I also watched the edge of love the other day and was very impressed with their outfits. I'm getting my nana to knit me a cardigan as I type hehehe

Caitlin said...

UM....I think I looked up the girl, she's named Charlotte Kemp Muhl, and I found this picture I think on google! Yeah, I love that movie, the clothes and makeup were amazing!

ps said...

great years,nice blog.

http://fashionbong.blogspot.com/

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

I lovee the first actual 30's photo! Great inspiration post!!
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi ! I like your blog, your channel on youtube, and of course, your universe ! Can you do more videos ? About your jewels for exemple, or your clothes of the day ! I'm following your videos for a while, and it helps me a lot !
You can do a video about your funniest clothes, it can be cool !
I apologize for my language which must be awful, I'm french !
I've seen that you like Indochine, it surprised me ! But, good choice, it's a great band !
I hope to read you or see more videos very soon !

Marion

Anonymous said...

you are absolutely perfect! do you have tumblr?

Kerrie said...

amazing inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Can you do more videos with your outfit of the day ? I miss your updates !

Caroline

Cassidy said...

I adore the 30s! What a wonderful era for fashion.